Due to the high number of applications received,
ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED
If you do not hear from us within 4/5 working days please assume that unfortunately we are unable to assist you.
CURRENT APPLICANT CRITERIA
Apply ONLY if you are:
1. Parent with young children and a permanent Leicester resident.
DO NOT APPLY if:
1. If you are an ASYLUM SEEKER/REFUGEE.
2. You received LEAVE TO REMAIN less than 1 year ago.
3. You have not LIVED and WORKED in the UK for at least 1 year.
4. You have previously submitted an application to us (whether successful or unsuccessful).
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA – PLEASE READ THIS WHOLE PAGE CAREFULLY BEFORE FILLING IN YOUR APPLICATION FORM
1. Please complete this application with as much detail as possible – Incomplete applications will not be considered.
2. Applications are only accepted from Leicester residents.
3. A submitted application does not automatically guarantee approval.
4. If your application is successful in the initial stages, you will need to provide documentary evidence of your identity immigration status, income and expenditure etc.
5. None of your personal information will be held on computer, we only use paper records.
To be eligible for support you must:
We will consider applications for assistance if you are experiencing temporary hardship caused by:
- A new baby
- Loss of home
- Health issues
- Family crisis
- Caring responsibilities
- Other similar issues
We may assist with:
- Food costs
- Travel costs
- Clothing costs
- Gas and electricity costs
- Council tax
- Household items
- Medical assistance items (If not available via the NHS)
- Funeral Costs
- Work related training and licenses
- Other similar costs
The lists above are not exhaustive, other factors will be taken into consideration, please call us before applying if you are unsure
Applicants affected by Benefit Cuts and Debts
We now offer a Budgeting Advice Service. If you fall into this category we will only be able to offer assistance if you are prepared to engage with this service.
Non Eligible Applicants – We are unable to offer assistance to the following categories:
- Asylum Seekers
- Visa Overstayers
- Non Residents/Visitors
- If you failed to claim/renew benefits you were eligible to receive
- If you received LEAVE TO REMAIN within the last year.
- If you have previously submitted an application to us.
We are unable to assist with the payment of:
- University Fees
- Immigration/Legal fees
- International Travel