Current Response Time – up to 72 hours
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA – PLEASE READ THIS WHOLE PAGE CAREFULLY BEFORE FILLING IN YOUR APPLICATION FORM
1. If you are unable to complete this online application, please call us and we will complete it with you over the phone.
2. Please complete this application with as much detail as possible – Incomplete applications will not be considered.
3. Applications are only accepted from UK Residents.
4. A submitted application does not automatically guarantee approval.
5. If your application is successful in the initial stages, you will need to provide documentary evidence of your identity immigration status, income and expenditure etc.
6. None of your personal information will be held on computer, we only use paper records.
To be eligible for support you must:
We will consider applications for assistance if you are experiencing temporary hardship caused by:
- A new baby
- Loss of home
- Health issues
- Family crisis
- Caring responsibilities
- Other similar issues
We may assist with:
- Food costs
- Travel costs
- Clothing costs
- Gas and electricity costs
- Council tax
- Household items
- Medical assistance items (If not available via the NHS)
- Rent or Mortgage payments (If you are facing eviction/repossession)
- Rent deposit (In the form of a loan)
- Debt payments (If you are facing court action)
- Funeral Costs
- Work related training and licenses
- Other similar costs
The lists above are not exhaustive, other factors will be taken into consideration, please call us before applying if you are unsure.
Asylum Seekers and Refugees
Due to the number of applications received under this category, please call us before submitting an application. Support is now only offered after consideration of the country you have come from and other circumstances. You will be pre-assessed on the phone.
Applicants affected by Benefit Cuts and Debts
We now offer a Budgeting Advice Service. If you fall into this category we will only be able to offer assistance if you are prepared to engage with this service.
Non Eligible Applicants – We are unable to offer assistance to the following categories:
- Refused asylum Seekers
- Visa Overstayers
- Non Residents/Visitors
- If you failed to claim/renew benefits you were eligible to receive
We are unable to assist with the payment of:
- University Fees
- Immigration/Legal fees
- International Travel