Current Response Time – DUE TO COVID-19 WE ARE UNABLE TO SAY HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE TO RESPOND TO YOUR APPLICATION as we are focusing on emergency support the elderly and families with sick/vulnerable children.
We are NOT accepting applications from ASYLUM SEEKERS.
Please note this service is only for those facing an emergency need.
You cannot re-apply if you have already submitted an application in the last year.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA – PLEASE READ THIS WHOLE PAGE CAREFULLY BEFORE FILLING IN YOUR APPLICATION FORM
1. If you are unable to complete this online application, please call us and we will complete it with you over the phone.
2. Please complete this application with as much detail as possible – Incomplete applications will not be considered.
3. Applications are only accepted from Leicester residents. If you live outside Leicester please visit our national site www.projectzakatuk.org.
4. A submitted application does not automatically guarantee approval.
5. If your application is successful in the initial stages, you will need to provide documentary evidence of your identity immigration status, income and expenditure etc.
6. None of your personal information will be held on computer, we only use paper records.
To be eligible for support you must:
We will consider applications for assistance if you are experiencing temporary hardship caused by:
- A new baby
- Loss of home
- Health issues
- Family crisis
- Caring responsibilities
- Other similar issues
We may assist with:
- Food costs
- Travel costs
- Clothing costs
- Gas and electricity costs
- Council tax
- Household items
- Medical assistance items (If not available via the NHS)
- Funeral Costs
- Work related training and licenses
- Other similar costs
The lists above are not exhaustive, other factors will be taken into consideration, please call us before applying if you are unsure
Applicants affected by Benefit Cuts and Debts
We now offer a Budgeting Advice Service. If you fall into this category we will only be able to offer assistance if you are prepared to engage with this service.
Non Eligible Applicants – We are unable to offer assistance to the following categories:
- Asylum Seekers
- Visa Overstayers
- Non Residents/Visitors
- If you failed to claim/renew benefits you were eligible to receive
We are unable to assist with the payment of:
- University Fees
- Immigration/Legal fees
- International Travel